OIT would like to provide the campus community with a few reminders regarding the process of requesting assistance from the IT Support Center:
- Please request support by creating a ticket using the IT Support Center web form at http://itsupport.smcm.edu. All current faculty, staff, and students can log into this system using network usernames and passwords (same username and password as Portal).
- In most cases, this is the best option for resolving your request for assistance quickly, as the web form is designed to collect information that allows us to route the ticket to the first person able to solve the problem.
- You may also call the IT Support Center at 240-895-4357. The front desk is open from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday, and 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday during the semester. A ticket with information regarding the problem and ways to contact the user will be created so that the appropriate staff can work to resolve the issue.
- The email address firstname.lastname@example.org is no longer valid. Any email received by this address will be bounced back to the owner.
- The email address email@example.com may be used by those without a network login (such as community members or prospective students) to request assistance from the IT Support Center. It should be noted that the preferred method for those with network login credentials is to create a ticket using the web form by logging into http://itsupport.smcm.edu. This provides more complete information about the issue and results in a faster resolution of the reported problem.
- The fastest way to reset a network password is to use Password Manager. Once enrolled in Password Manager, your password can be reset 24/7 without IT Support Center assistance by answering the security questions you set up during enrollment.