The Office of Information Technology (OIT) undertook several important improvement projects over the summer, including:
- OneCard System — Major improvements to the system that manages building access, point of sale activity, printing, and other services available through college ID cards, including implementation of new meal plan changes.
- Residence Hall Internet Access — Upgrade to the Bradford Campus Manager system (read more here), also enhanced OIT support for student use of wireless routers in residence halls.
- Pay-for-Print Services — Installation of a new software system for student printing in labs and classrooms, including support for cloud-based wireless printing.
- Learning Management Systems – Upgrades to Blackboard and CourseEval.
- User Training– New IT orientation and training opportunities for entering students and faculty, including a mini-course for entering DeSouza-Brent Scholars and an orientation session for Adjunct Faculty.
- Residence Management System — Installation of a new online system for managing room selection, meal plan selection, and room inspection reporting.
- Degree Audit Services — Changes to the student information system that allowed introduction of degree audit functionality in the Registrar’s Office.
- Fundraising System — In partnership with Institutional Advancement, conversion of historical data to a new fundraising management system. (OIT and Institutional Advancement are presently collaborating on a test implementation of the new system this fall.)