On Thursday, September 19, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and the Web Advisory Committee will replace the top tier of the website with new content, including:
- A redesigned Home page.
- New primary navigation sections — About St. Mary’s, Academics, Admissions, Campus Life, After St. Mary’s — featuring content designed to appeal to prospective students and their parents.
- InsideSMCM, a new ‘second home’ page that provides quick links to resources needed by students, faculty, and staff.
- A redesigned Directory section that contains Office & Services, Degree Programs, People Search, and Site Search pages.
In the following weeks we will also introduce new community sites for Students, Faculty, and Staff. The rest of the current website — over 6,000 pages — will be overhauled later. Stay tuned for more information about this effort in the coming months.
We have scheduled two orientation sessions to assist members of the campus community in navigating the new site:
- Tuesday, September 17, in Glendening Annex, from 2:00 to 3:00 pm.
- Monday, September 23, in Glendening Annex, from 2:00 to 3:00 pm.
In the next few days we will also distribute via email a Quick Guide to the new website.
On behalf of OIT and the Web Advisory Committee, I want to thank the many dozens of students, staff, and faculty who have assisted in the design and development of these website improvements over the last three months.